What You Should Know About
Testing for Covid-19
KNOW THE SYMPTOMS
The main symptoms of COVID-19 are:
- Shortness of breath
KNOW WHEN TO SEEK HELP
Not everyone who is sick needs to be tested.
Your local health department or healthcare provider can help you:
- Decide if you need an appointment
- Plan to enter a clinic in a way that avoids possibly infecting others, if you do go in
If you need urgent medical care, dial 911.
KNOW QUESTIONS YOUR HEALTH CARE PROVIDER MAY ASK YOU
- What are your symptoms?
- Have you traveled to places where COVID-19 is present?
- Did you have contact with someone who has traveled where COVID-19 is present?
- Have you been in contact with someone who has a confirmed case of COVID-19?
Health care coverage for COVID-19 testing
Your health care coverage may cover the cost of:
- COVID-19 testing at an in-network provider, in-network urgent care center, or emergency room
- COVID-19 immunization when it becomes available
Outside of COVID-19 testing, regular costs, such as co-payments, co-insurance, and deductibles will still apply. It is always best to contact your plan to find out about your costs.
COVID-19 Testing at Vickery Vaccine Services
With COVID-19 testing, people who test positive and have symptoms can get care earlier. Contacts can be traced and self-isolation or quarantine started sooner to help stop the spread of the virus. Book your appointment online today!